RCSB Protein Data Bank (RCSB PDB) enables breakthroughs in science and education by providing access and tools for exploration, visualization, and analysis of:
Experimentally-determined 3D structures from the Protein Data Bank (PDB) archive
Computed Structure Models (CSM) from AlphaFold DB and ModelArchive
These data can be explored in context of external annotations providing a structural view of biology.
December Molecule of the Month
Structure of 2-hydroxyisoflavanone synthase from Medicago truncatula
V-K CAST Transpososome from Scytonema hofmanni, minor configuration
Cryo-EM structure of human NaV1.7/beta1/beta2-TCN-1752
Hen Egg White Lysozyme 4s in situ crystallization
SARS-CoV-2 replication-transcription complex bound to Remdesivir triphosphate, in a pre-catalytic state
Pim1 in complex with (E)-4-((6-amino-1-methyl-2-oxoindolin-3-ylidene)methyl)benzoic acid and Pimtide
Spraguea lophii ribosome
Crystal structure of feruloyl esterase wtsFae1B in complex with xylobiose
Crystal structure of theophylline aptamer in complex with theophylline
CryoEM structure of mitochondrial complex I from Chaetomium thermophilum (inhibited by DDM) - membrane arm
Features & Highlights
Ligand Expo: Scheduled downtime and request for feedback
Ligand Expo will be down in January 2022. Please take this survey to help us understand which features are used the most.
Deprecation of FTP File Download Protocol in the PDB Archive
wwPDB plans to deprecate FTP download protocol on November 1st 2024
Register Now for Virtual Crash Course: Using KBase to access PDB Structures and CSMs
Learn about the protein structure-related tools, visualizations, and workflows that have been integrated into KBase on Thursday November 10, 2022
Remembering John Westbrook on the Anniversary of His Passing
John D. Westbrook Jr. (1957-2021) was incredibly beloved and respected by his colleagues at Rutgers and throughout the world, known for his dry wit and endless enthusiasm for thinking about all aspects of data and data management.
Undergrads/Grads: Apply to the Molecule of the Month Boot Camp (January 2023)
Limited spaces available for the Science Communication in Biology and Medicine Virtual Boot Camp: January 9-13, 2023. Applications due October 31, 2022.
Improved EM validation with Q-score
wwPDB validation of EM structures for which there is both a model and an EM volume will include the Q-score metric
Register Now for Virtual Crash Course: Exploring Computed Structure Models from Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning at RCSB.org
Learn how to search, visualize, and analyze CSMs alongside PDB structures using RCSB.org tools on Thursday September 22, 2022
Future Planning: PDB entries with extended CCD or PDB IDs will be distributed in the PDBx/mmCIF format only
PDB users and related software developers should review code and begin to prepare for this change. Entries containing extended CCD or PDB IDs will not be distributed in legacy PDB file format.
DNS name changes for PDB archive downloads from RCSB PDB
Programmatic users (ftp, rsync or https) should update scripts as soon as possible.
Improved EM validation with Q-score
Starting September 23rd, wwPDB validation of EM structures for which there is both a model and an EM volume will include the Q-score metric
See new feature archive
- December 21 is National Crossword Day. Try your hand at a Molecule of the Month-related crossword puzzle.» 12/20/2022
- Explore and compare the structures of GFP and dsRED using paper models» 12/06/2022
- Visit PDB-101 to watch An Introduction to Neurotransmission and Action Potential» 11/30/2022
- RCSB PDB publishes different newsletters and hosts mailing lists to provide updates and announcements» 11/22/2022
- New painting: HIV Vaccine» 11/21/2022
- Read about the story behind the PDB-101 video» 11/15/2022
- Learn about the summer internships, gap year opportunities, and more» 11/07/2022
- Create your own artistic interpretation as part of The Biologist Magazine's Big Biochemical Colouring-in Series at PDB-101» 11/04/2022
- New painting: Phage-based COVID-19 Vaccine» 11/01/2022
- Learn about the January 2023 Molecule of the Month Boot Camp, summer internship opportunities, and more.» 10/25/2022