Big Picture on Proteins
The Wellcome Trust produces a free educational resource, Big Picture, for biology students and their teachers.
The latest issue is focused on proteins, and utilizes images from RCSB PDB's Molecule of the Month.
Available resources include a print magazine and an online collection of related materials, including:
- a color poster detailing protein synthesis (PDF)
- 'Protrumps' (trading) cards that pit different proteins against each other
- a series of image galleries
- short articles on everything from venoms to antifreeze proteins
- Activity ideas for high school classrooms
Visit www.wellcome.ac.uk/bigpicture/proteins for these resources and more.
For additional educational materials about proteins and nucleic acids, visit the RCSB PDB's website PDB-101.